Cozy Up to October
Time to fall into the vibrant fall season. We are excited to bring you essential tips to help protect you against the upcoming cooler temperatures. October is also apple month and we have an amazing DIY hair rinse with added tips, offering multiple benefits for your lovely fall tresses. As well we have simple yummy natural ways to moisturize your lips that are sure to brighten your mood during this changing season. Get inspired during this spectacular earthy fall season.
Sealed with a kiss,
Apple Cider For Hair Health
October is Apple month and we have a great apple cider vinegar rinse for your hair this month. Apple cider vinegar is an amazing natural and organic topical treatment for a variety of hair issues especially hair loss.
How does apple cider vinegar help with Hair loss?
Apple cider vinegar stimulates better blood circulation to the hair follicles. Which is something that is vital for encouraging hair growth and preventing hair loss. This blood carries essential nutrients to the hair follicle cells, strengthening the roots and promoting growth. The best apple cider vinegar to use is one labeled as natural, organic or unfiltered. As these tend to contain all the bacteria and enzymes that make the vinegar powerful.
How to do a Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
Blend together one cup of water with 2-4 tablespoons of vinegar to make rinse.
After shampooing and rinsing your hair, slowly pour the mixture over your entire head,making sure to have it run down the length of your hair. Be careful to not get rinse into your eyes.
Massage the mixture into your scalp, which will also help stimulate circulation and hair growth.
After 1-2 minutes, rinse out the vinegar.
For dry hair, start out with 2 tablespoons per cup of water. For oily hair or dandruff. 3-4 spoons will be good. You can always adjust to see what works best for you.
Hair rinse should be repeated anywhere from once a month to twice a week. Once a week is best for most hair and scalp issues.
Adding Rosemary essential oil to the hair rinse also helps stimulate the roots, improves hair growth, and increases circulation in the scalp. Other oils to try are Cedarwood or clary sage essential oil as well stimulates the scalp as well promotes hair growth. When adding essential oils to the apple cider vinegar hair rinse blend two cups of cider vinegar with 5-10 drops of essential oil. Then store in a cool dark place for up to twelve months. When you are ready to use, dilute 2-4 tablespoons of the mix with one cup of water.
Luscious Lips The Natural Way
I am sure many people love the beautiful fall season and as well the cooler sunny temperatures of a fall day. The drawback though is that our skin tends to become dry and chapped, especially our lips. This could be from a number of factors such as allergies, weather or dehydration. Either way nobody enjoys flaky dry skin and the irritation that comes along with it. To help you enter into the fall season we wanted to share with you a few natural tips to keep your lips hydrated.
- Cucumbers – Using cut up cucumber slices. Hold them on your lips for 20 minutes. The water from the cucumbers will help to moisturize and replenish dry lips.
- Green Tea – Use 1 used green tea bag and press it against your lips for at least 4 minutes. You can do this daily so that the moisture content in your lips becomes better.
- Sugar scrub – Mix a little water with brown sugar to create a lip scrub. By rubbing the mixture on your lips once or a couple times a week, you will exfoliate your lips the natural way! You will remove that ugly dry or dead skin from your lips.
- Jojoba oil – Just use a few drops of Jojoba oil and put on dry lip areas. Leave on for around 15 minutes.
- Coconut oil – This is a great lip moisturizer! You can warm some up in the microwave and then apply to your lips. This is a great moisturizing natural lip gloss, as it provides a little shine also!
- Honey and Olive Oil – Mix small amounts of both olive oil and honey together and apply to lips. Leave on overnight and you will have soft and smooth lips in the morning!
Always wanted to try out KerMax products or need to stock up? Be sure to check out the October issues of Glow and Pure magazines found at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores. Then look for the Kermax ad in the October issues featuring great savings for you between $5.00 - $10.00 on all Kermax products!